Thursday, March 23, 2006

Avery turned one today

I can't believe she's one. I know everyone says that, but this year has really been a blur. It's also been a roller coaster and I will probably not be able to finish this entry if I think about it too much. So I will just recap the highlights of where our little angel is now. Avery is such a joy and truly the happiest child I have ever been around. I can say this with no exaggeration; we have only been up at night with her 2 times in one year. (once she was congested and she could such on her fingers, and once her teeth hurt) That is insane. She rarely cries just for attention and so many things make her happy. She just loves Easton and Ripley. No matter what Easton does she thinks it is funny, even when I don't. And the even better thing is that Easton adores her too. I couldn't ask for this first year to have gone any better in regard to having 2 kids vs. one. We haven't found anything she won't eat. Although she would live on Pirates Booty if we let her. She now says "hi" and "bye" and she loves music and dancing. She also signs more, but that's no surprise because she always wants more food. She really is my daughter. Although her disposition is definitely Kyle’s. She rarely gets riled up and the glass is always half full. She is crawling and climbing, but has yet to walk on her own. She is far too content to try that hard. I have a hard time grasping that too. She has taken this last year of our craziness, moving, remolding, health issues, working, traveling, and tending to a hyper 2.5 year old like it's been a walk in the park. Thank goodness. I am head over heels in love with my sweet little girl and feel so lucky to have her. No matter what it took to get her here, or stress I have endured this year I would do it again in a heartbeat.

No comments: