Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The freedom

So we said we would keep you posted on the big boy bed... Our extremely independent son has gotten a taste of the freedom of the crib and isn't falling asleep so easy anymore. Yesterday I put him down for a nap and went upstairs to work. About 10 minutes later I heard him downstairs and went to check on him as he was exiting the kitchen with a cinnamon graham cracker, very proud of himself and on his way back to his bedroom. I certainly didn't think he could reach them at the back of the kitchen counter. I put him back down and then decided to stay in my room to see how it went. He went back down for about 3 minutes and then got up turned his CD player on started to dance, and then shut his door for a little privacy. I went back in and he said he wanted to take a nap, but he wanted the door shut. No way! So he went up and down about 4 more times each one ending in music on and dancing, or toys until I finally transferred all the stuffed animals back to his crib, where he took a 3 hour nap. No hassle. So the good thing is he doesn't fight with us for one bed or the other, but just can't resist the temptation of the freedom. I'm not sure how he became such a little busy body. It must be his father!

No comments: